Quick linksMake an appointment
Make an appointment
Book now for the Typhoid vaccine – only £70
- Our clinic is conveniently based in the centre of Nottingham
- Same-day appointments are available.
- Rapid patient access to high quality GP Medical services and travel clinic
- Free travel health advice (no consultation fee applies when you have/pay for the vaccine)
Typhoid Fever is a bacterial infection that is spread through contaminated food and water. If you are travelling to endemic areas you will be at risk of infection. Without prompt treatment, Typhoid can cause serious complications and can be fatal.
How old to you have to be to have the vaccine?
The vaccine can be given to those aged 2 years and over.
How long does immunity last for?
Immunity lasts for up to 3 years, after which a booster is recommended.
Click here for our full vaccination price list.
Where are the risk areas?
Areas of risk include:
- the Indian sub-continent,
- and South America
The initial symptoms of typhoid fever include:
- a fever,
- abdominal pain
- and a dull headache
The symptoms will continue to get worse. As the condition progresses, the risk of developing possibly fatal complications increases.
It is also advised that travellers take appropriate precautions with food and water.
Patient information leaflet: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.17387.latest.pdf