Quick linksMake an appointment
Make an appointment
Molluscum Contagiosum Testing and Treatment Across Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Mansfield
Molluscum contagiosum is a viral condition that causes little ‘pearly bumps’ on the skin.
Although it’s known to many parents as a childhood condition that’s passed on when children have skin-to-skin contact in baths or beds it can also affect adults.
Over 17,000 cases turn up in GUM clinics every year: 12,000 men and 5,000 women.
How can sexually transmitted diseases be avoided?
- The fewer sexual partners a person has, the lower the risk of infection.
- Most sexually transmitted diseases can be avoided to a large extent by practising safe sex (e.g. using condoms).
- You should try not to have casual sex.
- If you are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, don’t even consider having sex with anyone.
- Most sexually transmitted diseases can be cured if they are diagnosed and treated in their early stages.