Quick linksMake an appointment
Make an appointment
What is Plasma Pen?
Plasma pen is a revolutionary, non-invasive treatment that achieves results previously only possible through surgery (blepharoplasty). As we age, our skins dermal layer gradually thins and our elastin fibres fatigue. Over time, these changes in our skins structure cause the skin to lose texture, wrinkle and sag. Plasma Pen can mitigate these effects and reverse the process of wrinkling and sagging, creating a dramatically more youthful look.
How does Plasma Pen work/What should I expect?
A typical appointment will last about an hour, including the application of the numbing cream.
Plasma pen works on the principle of ionised gas in the air. Inside the plasma pen and at the correct distance from the skin, oxygen and nitrogen combine, creating electrostatic energy that is subsequently transferred to the skins surface as a flash of plasma.
The plasma pen forces an immediate contraction of the skin tissue and thermal disruption to the dermal solar elastosis and fibroblasts. This reaction causes the skin cells to reconstruct, increasing the production of collagen and neo-collagenisation.
The heat disruption will also cause excess skin to dry and fall off in the form of tiny scabs/flakes within a few days of the treatment.
How long will the results last and how soon will I notice them?
Results are always dependent on the individual, as everyone reacts differently to treatments. However, noticeable results can be seen immediately after the treatment. These results also continue over time as the micro trauma caused by the treatment stimulates production of collagen for a significant amount of time after the treatment. The results improve over 2-3 months after the treatment, with effects lasting 3 years, and many being permanent.
During your consultation the specialist will talk you through any pre-care steps, however below are the main ones.
- There should be no tanning 4 weeks prior to the treatment
- No consumption of coffee on the day of treatment
- No ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory medication to be taken prior to the treatment
Luckily, after-care for Plasma Pen is very straightforward. All recommended after-care steps will be explained to you by one of our specialists during your appointment. However here are a few of our best tips and advice post-treatment.
- Avoid picking any of the small scabs that may form, the downtime for the treatment is usually 7-10 days.
- You may want to sleep on your back in order to avoid rubbing and unsettling the scabs
- No covering of treated area by any plasters, mascara, makeup etc until it has fully healed.
- Swelling is quite common after the treatment yet is usually very mild, this should only last from 1-5 days post treatment
- Avoid water on treatment area, it must stay as dry as possible.
£350 per area
We can guarantee the lowest fees for all our beauty services
Areas will be discussed in more detail during your consultation with the specialist
Talk to one of our specialists
Nobody is more qualified than our specialists to explain this treatment to you. Book in for a free consultation now!
Shawana an experienced Aesthetician and trainer has direct overwatch and management responsibility for:
- All 3D lipo/radio frequency,HIFU, Cavitation
- Laser treatments for skin lesions / hair removal / venous lakes / skin tightening
- Microdermabrader in/oxygen therapy/chemical peels/acne/milia and blackhead removal/skin tag on walk removal/seborrhoeic warts
- Obagi skincare products/3-D skin tech facials
- Electrolysis and fungal nail treatments
These aesthetics treatments are part of the park aesthetic‘s clinic which is managed and supervised by Shawana.